From meditation to stress relief, Kind Face™ Natural Eye Masks can help soothe, relax and recharge. A natural way to ease pain and provide comfort. The sumptuous 100% linen is weighted with flax seeds and calming dried lavender flowers, both grown in NZ, and finished with an elasticated linen strap to secure comfortably.
This weighted eye mask conforms to the face to block out light and apply gentle pressure to your eye orbit. The clever button design means there is no pressure directly on the eyes. You can choose to warm or chill, and enjoy therapeutic relief from:
- Migraine headaches
- Sinus pain
- Eye strain
- Tension headaches
- Puffy eyes
- General Comfort and Relaxation
Many people feel weighted eye masks improve sleep through:
- Blocking light: Darkness signals to your body that it’s time to sleep.
- Aromatherapy: Studies have found scents like lavender improved the sleep quality and duration of sleep.
- Providing acupressure: Acupressure uses pressure to re-balance energy flow. Many people feel a weighted eye mask provides acupressure effects that help them relax.
- Reducing stress and anxiety: Much like a weighted blanket, a weighted eye mask provides a sensation of “grounding”. This may trigger the release of hormones and calm your nerves.
- Pain and headache relief: The combination of light blocking and key relaxation pressure points may relieve your headaches or migraines. Many people report pressure stimulation that helps these common pains go away.
Like all Kind Face™ products, your Natural Eye Mask is designed to appeal to three key senses; Touch, Smell and Sight. It also satisfies a very important fourth sense… Common Sense. Proudly designed and made in New Zealand to be kind on the environment and economy. We use natural and NZ made materials wherever possible, and minimal packaging – but where required this will either be home compostable, fully recyclable in NZ or at least reusable for another purpose.
- Use microwave only. DO NOT use gas or electric oven. Microwave heating times will vary depending on the wattage of your appliance.
- Add a cup of water when heating. The water provides hot moisture which the Eye Mask can absorb and prevents the flax seeds from overheating, and the linen from burning.
- Ensure the Eye Mask rotates freely in the microwave turntable.
- Place in a clean microwave for 120 seconds. This should make it hot enough to be a comfortable, but non-burning temperature.
- If you feel the Eye Mask is too cool for your comfort level after first heating, you may warm it again for not more than 30 second increments, until the desired temperature is reached.
- Pack your Eye Mask inside a clean plastic bag and place in the freezer for 1 – 2 hours.
- Remove from the bag and apply directly to skin.
- Spot clean only with a damp cloth. DO NOT wash or get wet.
- If your Eye Mask does gets wet, it is fine if you dry it immediately (dehumidifier is best), DO NOT heat a wet eye mask in the microwave.
- The natural character of linen sees it become softer and more lustrous with use
- Kind Face™ products might have small imperfections due to the nature of being 100% handmade